I tried this recipe a couple of days ago, and I was a little curious whether it would be good or not...oh my, it was GREAT! It's simple, and anything that I can leave cooking while I go to work is always a plus. Here's the recipe, and I hope you'll try it!
- 2 cups store-bought salsa, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- kosher salt
- 1 2 1/2-pound boneless pork butt or shoulder, trimmed of excess fat
- 18 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro sprigs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
2. Cook, covered, until the meat is tender and pulls apart easily, on high for 4 to 5 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours.
3. Twenty minutes before serving, heat oven to 350° F. Stack the tortillas, wrap them in foil, and bake until warm, about 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, using 2 forks, shred the pork and stir into the cooking liquid. Serve with the tortillas, cilantro, sour cream, lime, and extra salsa.