so this is it.

I am a traitor. i should be blogging on harrysin.com, but no one has blogged in forever, and i also don't know when it will be gone! so here i am selling out to blogger. i guess it happens.

this has been such an interesting weekend....a fun weekend, but an interesting one!

let's see, i came over here (to the schmidts house) Friday morning, and spent the day with the kiddos. We had fun playing together...and they were soooooo good! They usually are good for me, but it is strange when ALL 4 (Kendall(8), Cameron(6), Carson(3.5), Preston(1.5)) kids are so well behaved. Then we went to bed....and around 5:45 i heard LOUD screaming. uh oh. i stumbled out of bed and down the hall to Preston's room, and as soon as i opened the door, i could smell what the problem was. sure enough, i turned the light on and saw the damage. there was poop everywhere. luckily it was contained in his crib, but it was on all his blankets, soaked through his clothes and even on his pacifiers....yuck! so there i am bathing him at 6am, doing laundry so that his stuff wouldnt be ruined, and trying to get him back to sleep. Poor guy, he was falling asleep in the tub! so i get everything all cleaned up and around 6:30 P.K. and i go back to sleep...this time he slept with me. the next morning was pretty normal....or so i thought.

after breakfast, the boys went into the garage to play, and kendall was playing in the playroom. all of a sudden there was a loud bang coming from the front yard, i wasn't sure what it was, and wasn't too concerned until kendall came running into the kitchen in tears and said that a bird had flown into the front window! she said she thought it was dead. great. i walked into the playroom and saw that there was an outline on the front window of a bird with its wings spread, and bird juice on the window. so gross...and sad. i didn't see the bird anywhere on the front porch, until i actually went outside and saw the poor thing laying on the other side of the porch, far away from where it had hit the window. there was a small pool of blood, and feathers everywhere. of course, being the girly girl that i am, i did not want to pick that thing up. i even called my dad at work to see if he would come over and do it for me. he didn't answer, so i called brady and he told me how to get rid of it. it took me a while to get up the courage to actually touch the thing, even with 3 plastic bags! i finally did it and felt really sad for the bird and couldn't believe how my day was going!

P.K. ended up with a fever that night, and the poor guy was pretty out of it all day today. he was so snuggly and sweet, but needing lots of attention, which is hard with 4 kids. i've done overnights and weekends here before and usually they go off without a hitch, so i guess i can't complain when things go bad. i still loved being here, and love that brady and traci were able to get some alone time. they're on their way home now and i am ready to crash!

No comments: