3.31.2008

sabbatical :: day one


Today is the first day of my sabbatical. ROCKHARBOR is giving every staffer a two week sabbatical that is partially guided but has quite a bit of freedom built in. so, for two weeks, I am going to give up all things RH for the pursuit of rest, joy and development. I can't tell you how excited I am for this. I feel like the last year has been one huge blur...life just goes by too quickly and you can definitely get lost in ministry and begin getting your identity from it...instead of from the one who has blessed you with your ministry. I know that for me, the rest component is huge. I am most excited to just be with very little on my plate. To keep an aspect of adventure, we find out our "assignments" day by day, and have a couple of group days. I do know that we will be reading Life of the Beloved by Henri Nouwen and I'm pretty excited about it. Have I said that I'm very excited about these two weeks?!

No comments: